Visa information

Social Cultural Visa

To do Voluntary work in Indonesia, you are obligated to have a Social Cultural Visa. (Index 211).   Without this visa WINS will not accept you as a volunteer.

The Social visa  is  for  foreigners  who  would like  to  visit  Indonesia  to  do  social activities, culture  activities,  learn  about  Indonesia,  etc.


The initial Social Visa is valid for 60 days, and can be extended with 30 days at a time,  up to a maximum of 180 days.

Apply for Social Cultural Visa

To apply  for a  Social  &  Cultural  visa,  you  need an Indonesian sponsor.

We will provide you with a Sponsor-letter and a copy of the Sponsors ID-Card.

For Dutch volunteers: We will provide you with a Authorization-letter and a copy of the Sponsors ID-Card.

With these documents you can apply for a Social Visa at your the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate in your own Country of residence.

Extending the Social Cultural Visa

After 60 days in Indonesia, you will have to extend your Social Visa with 30 days at a time.  To extend your visa, you will have to report to the local Police and Immigration Office in Jakarta or Denpasar.

Please be aware that this procedure is time consuming and several fees and duties have to be paid.

Apply for a Visa in the USA

In the USA, we advise you to contact  Applying for a Social Visa can be a difficult and time-consuming procedure as the rules frequently change.

In addition, the individual Consulates in the USA   sometimes interpret the regulations and procedures differently. 
The WINS USA affiliate may be able to assist you with all the documentation.

Apply for a Visa in the Netherlands

 In the Netherlands, we advise you to allow  handling your Visa application.

Apply for a Visa in other countries

We advise you to find a renowned Visa agent in your home country to handle your Visa application.


Our Visa agent in Indonesia is CV Bali Solusi Bisnis.

Bali Solusi will help you to to handle all your visa matters with the Local Police Department, and the Immigration Office in Denpasar and Jakarta.

 Please be aware that this sponsorship makes the Sponsor responsible for your wellbeing.
The local authorities will see the Sponsor as the sole contact point especially in case of any problems. 
The Sponsor should therefore always be informed about your whereabouts, and about you legal documentation such as: visa extensions, passports and other documents. 

Diverting from the established legal process can bring trouble to the Sponsor, since it is considered to be the responsible entity.